I have been nominated by Cassie at upcycledadulting.com for the 2019 Liebster Award. I never even knew there was one of these but now I have been nominated I am pretty chuffed. So thanks to Cassie! I follow her blog and it is one to check out.
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is German for kindest or dearest one. Around since 2011 for bloggers and by bloggers it is a great way to be discovered, connect with and support the blogging community. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but has slowly lowered to typically 200 readers or less. This is an arbitrary number, the idea is that the award is for new / newer bloggers, regardless of their number of readers.
A few years ago The Jack Project started taking official entries and selecting a winner. As Cassie’s post explained, there are the official rules with 5 nominees and 5 questions and then there are unofficial ones. She included both so I will too.
The Official TheJackProject Rules:
- Create your acceptance blog post
- Answer the questions given to you. Try to be as creative and unique as possible
- Create 5 more questions for your nominees to answer (I’m looking for unique and creative ones)
- Submit your entry at http://thejackproject.online/the-liebster-award-2019/
- For additional information and rules check out The Official Rules
Entries start 1st Jan 2019 and end on 25th Dec 2019. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
Unofficial Rules Including Extras
- Give a shout out to the blogger that nominated you for this Liebster Award. Make sure you link their blogging site as well!
- Write 11 facts about yourself!
- Don’t forget to post the award on your blog!
- Answer the fun questions set up by the blogger who nominated you!
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers. Don’t forget to tag them!
My acceptance post
I started blogging 6 months ago and had no real idea that it even existed as a ‘thing’ before then. Sure I knew about travel blogs and thought that was the main blogging type thing out there. I figured twitter, instagram and other things had taken over. They clearly haven’t and I am glad I saw an advert and just thought “what the hell” as I have really enjoyed blogging ever since.
Why do I enjoy it? I like writing and, even without a definite niche, I am always thinking about ideas for posts based on general life stuff. I don’t have that much of a clue about the technical side of having your own domain, how to construct it so it looks good and I still have no clue as to what CSS is. But…I have been learning about that kind of thing and am slowly growing the number of people that read my posts.
The blogging community is massive. Who would have known! I am happy to be part of it.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have a really dry sense of humour (personally I think it is quite witty…other may not).
- I don’t comment on my neighbour’s singing as it is bloody awful (bless him though he loves to sing!).
- I have a few degrees in psychology type things (and clearly am analysing everyone I meet…hell no..that would waste energy).
- I did ballet when I was young; but kept none of that grace as displayed regularly in yoga.
- My favourite hair colour was the one time I went pillar box red in high school (it didn’t last long).
- I am rubbish at skiing but will persist.
- I am late to most things and I am not even ashamed of that fact.
- I had a couple of cats who lived to a good age (I don’t have any pets now as am in fear of being a ‘cat lady’).
- My favourite snack, and my downfall in life, is chocolate.
- I’ve only farted once in yoga (this is an achievement!)
- I laugh…a lot…about most things in life.
Interview Questions from Cassy
The official ones
- If there were multiple dimensions in which each choice you made differently caused a divergence which minor choice do you think would result in the most significant divergence? How would your life be different in that dimension?
That is such a difficult question! I am quite laid back about my choices in life so it is hard to think about how things might have changed. But… I walked into a lecture once which I wasn’t too fussed about going to. That lecture started me off on a career path and if I hadn’t walked in I might have been something different. Maybe a career with money! Hopefully life would have also been full of laughs in my workplace in that dimension.
- If you could be an artistic prodigy in any art (aside from writing or photography) what would you choose?
It would be music. I learnt to play saxophone and piano when young. I have completely lost all ability with these over the years so would have loved to have been properly proficient. I am always in awe of people who can just sit and play piano without effort.
- What gift would you give if you could give another person any thing and who would you give it to?
A lamborghini – to my dad. He shares a love of all things shiny with me. I would get one first, of course, just to beat him.
- If your readers could magically permanently acquire a character trait or skill simply by reading your blog what would it be?
The skill to do wheel in yoga. They could then tell me how on earth people actually get their backsides up far enough in the air to be able to do this pose.
- If you had to permanently shape shift into something other than a human what would you choose and why?
A very large wine glass. I would enjoy that wine without getting the hangover as a human.
The unofficial ones
- Why did you start blogging?
- I kind of fell into it after clicking on a blog post.
- What have you learned about yourself in 2019?
- Lots! I am doing new things like yoga that I never would have been interested in before.
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
- I would probably retire (very early!). I am not against work but there are loads of things I could be doing outside of it. My work life balance isn’t always there so even if I don’t win the Euromillions I would definitely shift this balance a little.
- What is the 1 goal you have most struggled to achieve? Why do you think you struggle with this?
- Honestly…having a list of proper goals to start off with. I am rubbish at lists and get bored quite easily.
- What are you most proud of about yourself?
- That I am a pretty ok person who cares about people.
- If you were asked to create a blog most outside of your wheelhouse or comfort zone what would it be about?
- Hair and makeup. Which is odd as I am thinking of writing one about hair when I head to get my cut and colour later today. I wish I was good at styling hair and makeup.
- Lee Cleaver https://cleaverfit.wordpress.com (bit more than 200 followers but for the positivity!)
- Jamie https://mermaidinthesejeans.wordpress.com
- The V Pub on https://forfriendswithoutborders.wordpress.com (loads more followers but far too amusing not to mention)
- https://passportandphone.com just found this one today from Twitter 🙂
- The Curly Med Reg http://callthemedicalreg.home.blog
My Official Questions:
- What has confused you recently? Did you find the answers?
- When was the last time you laughed? As in a proper belly laugh. Are you able to share what it was?
- Did you have a favourite thing to wear as a child/teenager that you now cringe at the thought of? If so what was it?
- Is there a famous person (dead or alive) that you would want as a follower on your blog? Who and why?
- If you could be anywhere, with any resources, where would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How will your blog look in 2020 (readers, posts…)?
- Is there anything you would change in your life?
- What is your biggest achievement so far?
- Savoury or sweet?
- Do you have a favourite film or book? If so what and why?
That was not easy at all! Thanks again to Cassie for nominating me 🙂